Tuesday 7 June 2016

Why We Love Our Family Dentist

For years and years, I avoided regular visits at the Cedar Park general dentist, and ended up suffering the consequences. My reluctance to schedule regular cleanings and exams stemmed from a single bad experience from my youth. Unfortunately, not seeing a dentist on a routine basis caused me to experience substantial decay and other issues that otherwise could have been avoided. I pledged that once I had kids, I would never allow them to repeat this same mistake.

Thus, once my children were of the age to need dental appointments, I researched local practitioners to find someone who could put them at ease right away and help them build positive habits. A neighbor recommended a particular office close to our home, so I figured we would give them a try. This ended up being one of the best decisions I could have made.

My kids loved visiting the dentist so much that I started to feel my own apprehensiveness start to fade. I even got up the courage to schedule an appointment for myself. There was no judgment whatsoever about my longstanding lack of dental care, just a commitment on the dentist's part to get me back on the path to solid oral health. This was, in fact, a real miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment